Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Adding distance to your long range 10 22 making a. 40moa base

The age old question of where do I get enough elevation adjustment to shoot further.......
I looked and looked and couldn't find what i was looking for . With my gun zeroed at 50 yards with a generous 55 moa of adjustment I topped out at 200 yards
That is fine until I want to shoot further
And we all want to shoot further.
I calculated that with the 20 mos base from
EGW I had 24 moa below my 50 yard zero.
I needed a 40 moa base . To get the most from the scope the Night Force competition.
A trip to the mill  some math and I had the base set up with 20 more minutes . After profile milling with a  ball end mill I had the base re machined.
The mill does a good job but I'm looking for a perfect mate.
Some paper wrapped over the receiver blends the high spots down ready for the mating to the receiver.

On this receiver I'd  had a screw strip .
So while it was apart I  opened up to 8-40 base screws with torque heads a much stronger set up
Ive always bedded my bases with locetite thread locker. I clean the receiver and sand where the base locates.
The finished project notice the angle the base has 40 moa is alot of elevation
I should be able to get from 25 to 300 with a twist of the dial
John Nagel
Pro shooter
AGUILA AMMUNITION
MAGNUM RESEARCH
NIGHT FORCE OPTICS
OWNER SJCGUNS.


No comments:

Post a Comment